Be sure to check out our storage tips for these donuts in our post to ensure that they stay super fresh as long as possible.
For the donuts:
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
1 tablespoon butter, melted
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
For the chocolate glaze:
5-6 tablespoons whole milk
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Flaky sea salt
To make the donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray two (2) 6-well donut baking pans with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl melt the butter and peanut butter together in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until melted.
- Add the milk, egg, vanilla, melted peanut butter, and melted butter to the dry ingredients. Whisk until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each donut cup in the donut pan 1/2 full with the batter. I find it is easiest to do this if you us a pastry bag or if you don’t have one of those you can transfer the batter to a gallon size plastic bag, seal it completely, then clip a small section off one of the bottom corners.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To make the glaze
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth. You may need to add additional powdered sugar for a thicker glaze. Dip the top of each donut in the glaze and sprinkle with a bit of flaky sea salt of desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.