Curry Roasted Cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon hot madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup raw cashews
Assemble the salad
- 1 5 -ounce package baby spinach
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1 batch Roasted Red Curry Potato Stacks
- 2 carrots, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 batch curry roasted cashews
- 1 batch cilantro, lime and coconut milk dressing, recipe follows
Cilantro, Lime, Coconut Milk Dressing
- 1/2 cup basic cashew cream
- 1/4 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
Make the cashews
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt the vegan butter with the curry powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and sugar; stirring constantly for 30-40 seconds until fragrant.
- Toss the cashews with the curry sauce on the prepared baking sheet, spread the nuts in an even layer. Bake until the nuts have turned golden brown and are roasted through, stirring once or twice during the cook time. Allow to cool before serving.
Assemble the salad
- On a large platter spread out a bed of the spinach leaves and tuck the cilantro and basil leaves throughout the spinach. Nestle the warm roasted red curry potato stacks into the bed of greens then add the carrot ribbons, tomatoes, and lastly sprinkle the curry roasted cashews throughout the salad. Serve with the cilantro, lime, coconut milk dressing on the side.
Make the dressing
- Combine the cashew cream, coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a blender and process until everything is combined and there are small flecks of cilantro throughout the dressing.