Don’t throw out the vanilla bean pod when you are done with it either. Make vanilla sugar instead! Simply place the scraped vanilla bean pod in a small spice jar and fill with granulated sugar. Shake well and allow to sit for a week or so for the flavors to infuse before using. Vanilla sugar is really great sprinkled over baked goods, in a cup of coffee, or in your morning bowl of cereal.
- 1 gluten-free baguette, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 vanilla bean, split open seeds scraped out.
- 1 batch rhubarb jam
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly brush both sides of the baguette pieces with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Place the baguette slices in the skillet and toast until crispy and golden brown.
- In a small bowl combine the softened goat cheese and vanilla beans. Stir to combine, set aside.
- When the baguette slices are toasted to your liking allow to cool slightly then spread a thin layer of goat cheese over the top. Spread a layer of rhubarb jam over that then arrange strawberry slices on top. Season with freshly cracked black pepper to taste, serve immediately.