Today, I am SUPER excited to introduce you to my friend Natalie of Guac My Life ! Natalie is from my hometown of Birmingham, AL and is one heck of a recipe developer. I mean, just look at this Grilled Citrus Flank Steak with Green Goddess Dressing! Natalie is going to be popping in here on TMIO from time to time sharing some of her delicious recipes with all of us, and I thought you might want to learn a little bit more about her, so I asked her to pretty much sum up her life in a paragraph...here it goes:
Hi guys! I'm Natalie Gravois from @guacmylife. After my daughter survived pediatric brain cancer at the age of 3 I used cooking as a form of therapy for myself. When you spend two years of your life in hospitals (while also adding 2 more little ones... I know, were crazy!) adjusting to "normal" life took us a while to get used to. I love feeding my husband and our little ones delicious meals that are not only tasty but rich in nutrients. On any given day you can usually find us in the backyard with the music turned up and the grill going! Our favorite meals are always in the Mexican food category so if it has lime, cilantro, avocado and cheese- we're in!
Crave-Worthy Breakfast Tostadas || Hello steak and eggs! I mean, do I even need to say anymore? What's not to love? Homemade refried black beans, crispy sweet potatoes, eggs, and avocado all piled high and served with tender, juicy steak. It's perfection!
Sweet Potato, Beans, and Greens Tacos || These tacos are a family favorite around here, and I just know that my meat eating family members are really going to love adding flank steak to theirs!
If you’ve tried this Grilled Citrus Flank Steak Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate it. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you, and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Grilled Citrus Flank Steak with Green Goddess Dressing
This steak is great for topping a salad, stuffing tacos are serving alone. Grab your plate first because it's sure to go quick!
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think about this Grilled Citrus Flank Steak in the comments below. I just love hearing from you. Your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total Time: 53 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mexican
For the steak:
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon course pink himalayan salt, separated
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 limes
- 1 (2- pound) flank steak
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
For the Green Goddess Dressing:
- 3-4 basil leaves
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- ¼ cup water, as needed
For the steak:
- In a baking dish, rub down the flank steak on both sides with avocado oil, 1 tablespoon of pink himalayan salt, black pepper and minced garlic. Once it is completely coated, pour the juice of two limes over the top and cover with plastic wrap. Place it back into the refrigerator if you are not cooking it immediately, but when you are ready to cook allow the flank steak to come to room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Some flames are necessary for creating an outer crust on the steak.
- Transfer the steak to the preheated grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium. If it is a thicker flank steak, add 1 to 2 minutes to each side. Once cooked to desired temperature remove from the heat and cover with foil to rest.
For the dressing:
- In a blender combine the basil, green onions, avocado, cilantro, juice from the 2 remaining limes, jalapeno and salt. Puree the ingredients adding the water a little at a time until you achieve your desired texture.
- Remove the steak from the foil and slice, slice either with the grain or against the grain, into thin strips, whichever you prefer. Once it has been sliced, pour Green Goddess dressing down the middle to serve.
- Serving Size: ½ pound steak
- Calories: 571
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 1879.9 mg
- Fat: 32.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.9 g
- Protein: 52 g
- Cholesterol: 136 mg
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of avocado?
Avocados are known worldwide as a superfood. It is one of the most nutrient rich foods out there. It boasts over 20 different vitamins and minerals with NO cholesterol or sodium. Avocados help to lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of heart disease, and improve gut health.
Click here for more information about the health benefits of avocado.