I am officially in love with papayas – especially papaya in the form of popsicles!
Popsicles are a constant in our freezer. Our kids don’t care what time of year it is or how cold it is outside they can’t seem to get enough of them and I can’t say that I disagree.
When Melissa’s produce sent me that beautiful box of produce a few weeks back I was excited to find some gorgeous strawberry papaya nestled inside. Strawberry papaya’s are considered to be the sweetest, most flavorful of all papayas! With beautiful, pink flesh that is fragrant and juicy, with a hint of fresh peaches and berries. They are perfection!
I struggled with what the best use for them would be – A salad? A smoothie? A cocktail? Nothing seemed as perfect as a popsicle! I assure you it didn’t take us long to work our way through 10 of these popsicles – they are spectacular.
Papaya, Coconut, and Citrus Popsicles
Beat the heat with a delicious frozen pop made from strawberry papayas, coconut, and citrus!
- Yield: 10 popsicles 1x
- Category: Dessert, Vegan, Gluten Free
- 2 cups chopped papaya, I used strawberry papaya’s
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 2 limes
- juice of 1 orange
- pinch of salt
- Combine the papaya, coconut milk, coconut water, agave, lime zest, lime juice, and orange juice in a blender. Puree until smooth. Transfer to Popsicle molds and freeze until set.