These pizzelle’s are great with or without ice cream and if you want to get really fancy you can even roll them into ice cream cones while they are still warm.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin butter
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- French vanilla ice cream, softened
- Preheat a pizzelle maker with 4 ½-inch molds or a waffle cone maker.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the whole egg, egg white, sugar,vanilla, melted butter and pumpkin butter until smooth. Add the flours and salt and whisk until smooth again. Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop 1 scant tablespoon of the batter onto the center of the pizzelle/waffle cone maker. Close the lid and cook for 45- 60 seconds or until the cookie is done.
- Place the cookie on a parchment lined sheet pan to cool. It will harden as it cools.
- Once the pizzelles have cooled completely, place approx, 1/4-1/2 cup softened ice cream on one pizzelle. Gently spread it out to the edges with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. Top with another pizzelle and place in the freezer for 2-4 hours to set. Repeat with the remaining pizzelles and ice cream
Don’t forget to account for 2-4 hours of freezing time after the ice cream sandwiches have been made.