Prep time does not reflect the 30 min- 1 hour marinating time. This scrumptious gluten free version of tabbouleh is great stuffed into falafel wraps, packed in lunch boxes with fresh veggies and feta, or even served as the base for breakfast grain bowl with poached eggs and toast.
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, passed through a garlic press or minced fine then crushed into a paste on the cutting board with the back of your knife
- 1/4 teaspoon Nuts.com dried Marjoram
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the tabbouleh
- 3/4 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup peeled, diced cucumber
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cooked Nuts.com sorghum
Make the dressing
- In a small jar with a tight fitting lid combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Nuts.com marjoram, salt, and pepper. Seal tightly then shake vigorously to combine.
Make the tabbouleh
- In a mixing bowl combine the parsley, mint, red onion, cucumber, tomato, and Nuts.com sorghum. Pour the dressing over the ingredients and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste then cover and allow to marinate for 30 minutes – 1 hour before serving.
I like to cook the sorghum in advance so there isn’t a crazy amount of prep time involved in making this salad.