On their own or served in a glass of bubbly Prosecco, our Strawberry Aperol Spritz Poptails are always a hit! Prep and cook time doesn’t include the 12 hours needed to infuse the Aperol with the berries.
For the strawberry infused Aperol
- 1 heaping cup finely diced strawberries
- 3/4 cup aperol
For the Prosecco simple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup Prosecco
For the pops
- 3/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Make the strawberry infused Aperol
- Combine the strawberries and Aperol in a large jar and cover with a tight fitting lid. Infuse for at least 12 and up to 24 hours at room temperature. Strain out solids.
Make the Prosecco simple syrup
- Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Boil for a few minutes until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add the orange juice then chill completely. Once chilled, mix in the Prosecco.
Make the pops
- Combine the sliced strawberries, orange zest, and sugar in a small bowl and stir well. Macerate for 20 minutes until the strawberries begin to release their juices.
- Combine the strawberry infused Aperol and the Prosecco syrup together in a large measuring cup with a pour spout and stir to mix.
- Divide the macerated berries amongst 7 popsicle molds followed buy the Aperol Prosecco mixture. Place lids or a sheet of tin foil over the molds and secure the popsicle sticks into place. Freeze for 12 hours, preferably overnight before serving.
These pops will melt quickly due to the fact that alcohol doesn’t freeze as hard as other liquids. Be sure to keep them in the freezer right until you are ready to serve.