Just in case you weren't aware, this Saturday is Valentine's Day! Please tell me you didn't forget? I love it when holiday's like this one fall on the weekend. It gives me ample time to execute a plan and I actually get to deliver on that plan without having to rush my family out the door for school and work. Nothing says "I love you" quite like cramming a fresh baked muffin down their throats as they run out the door or even worse, making them late because they HAVE to sip that smoothie I poured my heart into.
This year I am planning on making a healthy, decadent breakfast that the entire family will love before we head out into the world to celebrate the day together. My Superfood Chocolate and Berry Granola is a super healthy way to start the day or snack away the afternoon thanks to ALOHA's Superfood Chocolate Bars.
Aloha Superfood Chocolate has quickly become my favorite way to get my greens each day! I mean seriously, who wouldn't opt for greens that taste like chocolate? ALOHA chocolate bars combine Peruvian fair-trade organic cacao with nutritious superfood greens and the result is nothing short of spectacular! Even the fruit bandit can't get enough of these chocolate bars and asks for them daily. ( You all know how hard I have been working to sneak the veggies in on that guy. )Print
Superfood Chocolate and Berry Granola
- Yield: 7 ½ cups 1x
- 4 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup blanched, slivered almonds
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder or cacao powder
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ½ cup freeze dried strawberries
- ½ cup freeze dried raspberries
- 1 bar (2.2 ounces) ALOHA Superfood Chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Stir together the oats, almonds, flax seeds, and Kosher salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, coconut oil, vanilla paste, maple syrup, and sugar until smooth. Pour the liquid over the oat mixture and stir until all of the oats are evenly coated.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Press the granola into the bottom of the pan and bake for 15 minutes. Stir the granola spread back out across the sheet pan and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven to a cooling rack and let the granola cool completely before stirring again. This will allow the granola to harden and clump up as it cools.
- Once cooled completely add the coconut, strawberries, raspberries , and chopped ALOHA Superfood Chocolate to the granola and stir to incorporate.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.