It’s officially the first day of school here in the LBC which means my little girl is a 7th grader! YIKES! There will probably be tears on my part in the morning and lots of hair straightening and primping for her. In between sobbing and packing her lunch I plan on making her one of these delicious apple pie smoothies for breakfast.
This smoothie is brimming with good for you ingredients like 2 whole apples, coconut milk, unfiltered apple juice, raw cashews, dates and warming spices. It’s a must-make for any smoothie lover!
I love apple season and will probably be stuffing them into as many recipes as I possibly can over the next few months. This weekend we have decided to take a trip out of the city to visit an apple orchard with the kids where we will pick apples until our hearts are content. I have even stocked up on canning supplies because there is nothing better than a pantry packed with homemade apple sauce!
Apple Pie SmoothiePrint
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unfiltered apple juice
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2–4 hours up to overnight, drained and rinsed well
- 3 cups unpeeled, cored, chopped apple (I used 1 Fuji and 1 Ginger Gold)
- seeds from 1/2 of a vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup of ice
- Place all of the ingredients in the order listed into a high speed blender and blend until completely smooth.