It’s almost the weekend!!! If where you live is anywhere near as hot as it has been here in Long Beach you are going to need a gigantic bowl of this Blueberry Green Tea Nice Cream!
My family lives on ice cream in the summer and I live for making them healthier homemade versions that taste every bit as decadent as the sugar laden kinds available at the store. Take this Blueberry Green Tea Nice Cream for example, it’s made with lots of bananas and blueberries, a tiny drizzle of agave nectar, vanilla bean and Stash Blueberry Iced Green Tea Powder. That’s it!
Stash Blueberry Iced Green Tea Powder is made from whole green tea leaves that have been ground into a fine powder then blended with natural blueberry flavor. It’s one of our favorite summertime drinks and now the secret ingredient in our new favorite ice cream.
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants which have been known to have powerful effects on the body (hello, improved brain function!!!) and may even reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and type 11 diabetes. Finally, ice cream that we can all feel good about eating!Print
Blueberry Green Tea Nice Cream
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
For the blueberry ripple
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half
- 1 tablespoon blue agave nectar
For the nice cream
- 6 frozen bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5Stash Blueberry Iced Green Tea Powder packets
Make the blueberry ripple
- Combine the blueberries, water, vanilla bean and agave in a sauce pan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the blueberries have cooked down and the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat cool slightly then strain through a fine mesh strainer pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to release all of the liquid from the blueberry skins. Discard the solids and let the sauce cool completely.
Make the nice cream
- Combine the frozen banana slices and theStash Blueberry Iced Green Tea Powderin the bowl of a food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Process the mixture, stopping to scrape the sides periodically, until the mixture is smooth like soft serve.
- Transfer half of the nice cream to a freezer safe container, drizzle a few tablespoons of the blueberry ripple over the top. Swirl the ripple into the nice cream with a toothpick then top with the remaining nice cream. Add a few more tablespoons of the ripple to the top, swirl it into the nice cream with a toothpick then transfer the container to the freezer for 45 minutes to an hour to set. Scoop and serve immediately with fresh blueberries and more of the blueberry ripple sauce.