You guys, I baked us a cake!! Not just any cake, I baked this killer Chai Spiced Apple Sheet Cake and I think you are gonna love it. Why are we indulging in cake you ask? Well, because it's my birthday and birthday's call for cake!
Since I am the cook in our family I normally don't celebrate with a cake on my birthday. It doesn't really bother me, my family does a pretty good job of spoiling me in so many other ways that I don't even miss it.
Inspired by my favorite cup of Double Spice Chai Tea from Stash Tea, this Chai Spiced Apple Sheet Cake is the perfect celebratory cake for fall. I love how elegant this cake looks, I am obsessed with how it tastes, but what I adore the most is how easy it is to put together. Seriously, if you can stir and you can chop - you can be celebrating with this cake too!
Heck, if you don't feel like baking you could totally just sip on a cup of Double Spice Chai Tea to celebrate along with us....it's pretty much a fall party for your taste buds with or without the cake involved!
If you’ve tried this Chai Spiced Apple Sheet Cake Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate it. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Chai Spiced Apple Sheet Cake
Try mixing and matching tea flavors in this cake, there are so many great options to change up the flavors of this cake!
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think about this Chai Spiced Apple Sheet Cake in the comments below. I just love hearing from you. Your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Yield: 12 large slices or 24 small slices 1x
- 2 medium sized baking apples; Honeycrisp & Gala are my favorite baking apples
- ⅓ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 ⅔ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup apple butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 Stash Tea, Double Spice Chai Black Tea tea bags
- 1 ⅔ cupgluten free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apples
Chai Maple Icing
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon Stash Tea, Double Spice Chai Black Tea leaves
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Generously grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Peel, core, and shred one of the apples on the large holes of a box garter set over a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, apple butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Cut open the tea bags and add the tea leaves to the bowl along with the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; whisk to combine. Fold in the shredded apple and its juices an date dried apple pieces. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Thinly slice about half of the remaining apple and arrange the slices on top of the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack.
- While the cake is baking make the icing. Combine the powdered sugar, butter, maple syrup, milk, Stash Tea, Double Spice Chai Black Tea leaves and vanilla extract. Whisk until completely smooth with no lumps remaining then immediately pour over the hot cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Spread the icing evenly with an offset spatula or a butter knife. Cool completely. Dust with cinnamon right before serving.
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of apples?
The apple, especially with the skin left on, is packed with necessary nutrients that reduce risks of heart disease and diabetes and improve gut heath. The high fiber and water content in apples can also help with weight loss because they are so filling.
Click here more information about the health benefits of apples.