If there is one type of dessert that falls into the comfort food category for me it would have to be chocolate chip cookies. Honestly, I can’t think of any sweet treats that you could offer me that I would turn down a classic chocolate chip cookie for except maybe a slice of one of these Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie’s à la mode!
Just about the only thing I don’t like about chocolate chip cookies is the baking process. All that scooping and waiting for batches to cook and cool before scooping more batches; it all gets a bit tedious and time consuming, especially for a busy mom on the go. This skillet cookie however, I can totally fit into my schedule!
It has all of the basics; gluten free flour, brown sugar and vanilla extract, but it is loaded with all of my favorite chocolaty indulgences from Enjoy Life too! This skillet cookie is stuffed full of Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks and even Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookie crumbs. It’s a trifecta of chocolate yumminess I tell you! Each and every bite is studded with big and little pockets of ooey-gooey chocolate perfection.
Although I really love skillet cookies, I know some of you are here looking for a more portable chocolate chip cookie for lunch boxes and snacking on the run. In that case you should totally check out these Paleo Cookies!Print
- non-stick baking spray
- 2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cupEnjoy Life Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookie crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a few small ovenproof skillets or 1 large 10-inch ovenproof skillet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, Enjoy Life Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookie crumbs, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; mix until fully incorporated. Add the flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Stir in the Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips and the Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks.
- Transfer dough to the prepared skillet/s, and press to flatten, covering the bottom of the pan. Bake until edges are brown and top is golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Don’t over bake; because the cookie continues to cook for a few minutes once it is out of the oven. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, 15 to 20 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
Compensation for this post was provided by Enjoy Life. The opinions expressed in the post are our own.