I have 5 words for you: Lemongrass & Limequat Vodka Cooler!
Is Tuesday too early in the week for a cocktail recipe to hit the site? I certainly hope not because you have got to get in on this sultry little citrus sip before limequat season is over!
You might be asking yourself “What the heck is a limequat?!”, great question I asked the same thing when these little beauties showed up in my CSA box a few weeks ago. Turns out they are a hybrid citrus. According to Wikipedia when a key lime and a kumquat cross paths they make a citrusy baby known as the limequat. I wonder how accurate of a description that is?
Honestly, I am so glad that the people that packed my CSA box snuck these little beauties in on me! They pair with lemongrass and orange blossom honey so perfectly. WARNING: This cocktail is super light and easy sipping, so be sure and keep tabs on just how many of these you indulge with or you may get a wee bit buzzed.
Now, if you can’t find limequats don’t worry, you can make this cocktail with kumquats and squeeze of lime too. Either way, it’s totally delish!Print
No limequats? No worries! Simply substitute kumquats and a squeeze of fresh lime juice for an equally delicious cocktail.
- 3 limequats, quartered
- 1 (2-inch) piece of lemongrass, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom honey
- 2 ounces vodka
- ginger beer
- limequat slices
- 1-inch pieces of lemongrass
- Combine the limequats, lemongrass, honey and vodka in a mason jar, muddle. Be sure to really work the juice out of the fruit and bruise the lemongrass.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice then strain the vodka mixture over the top. Add ginger beer to fill the glass. Garnish with a slice of limequat and lemongrass if desired.