Every party needs festive drink choices and nothing could be more colorful or simple than spa water. Last summer I posted a tutorial on Beard & Bonnet for making infused waters at home and it is still one of our most popular posts on our site. I am guessing that lots of you prepare infused waters at home for yourself, but it seems like they aren’t always first on the list when it comes to entertaining.
There is a bit of time involved, but it isn’t active time, so when you are planning your next gathering be sure to add this one to your ‘to-do’ list. It’s beautiful, delicious, and a festive alternative for guests that aren’t consuming cocktails.
This recipe makes a gallon of strawberry cucumber spa water which is the perfect amount for a gathering of 12- 15 people if you have other drinks to offer as well. If you are interested in making a batch of spa water for yourself simply complete the steps to infuse the water, strain out the fruit and store the flavored water in a gallon size container in the fridge for up to 2 days – Feel free to add fresh sliced berries and cucumbers to individual glasses of the spa water each time you indulge!Print
Strawberry Cucumber Spa Water
The drinks on the menu are as important as the food and this Strawberry, Cucumber Spa Water is party perfection! Easy to make and even easier to sip.
- Yield: 1 gallon 1x
- Category: Drink
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 gallon filtered water
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a large pitcher combine 1 pound sliced strawberries, the sliced English cucumber and filtered water. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to infuse in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours. Stir well and strain, discarding the solids.
- Add the pint of sliced strawberries and English cucumber slices to a very large pitcher or drink dispenser. Add enough ice to fill the container halfway then pour the infused water over the ice. Stir and serve.
For easy prep:
Infuse the water up to 2 days before your party. Strain out the solids and keep the prepared spa water in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Just before serving at the party add the ice and garnish.