Tangerine Dream Smoothie Bowl
Admittedly, I was pretty late to the smoothie bowl game. I just don’t tend to buy into food trends, I know, I know bad food blogger! I’ve always been that way about pretty much everything. If all of my friends in middle school were wearing a certain brand of clothes I would purposely tell my mom to not buy that brand. If they were all listening to a new hot band I would blast my Tom Petty tunes through my walkman. I was always just a loner, doing my own thing and apparently that even lends itself to food trends.
This desire to be different has admittedly bitten me in the keister a few times, including with smoothie bowls. We have been totally missing out over here!
All that changed a few months ago when our friends at Vitamix asked us to test out their new Ascent A3300 blender. To say I fell hard for this blender is an understatement, just read about my obsession by clicking here. I started cranking out smoothies every single day, sometimes twice a day which inevitably led to incorporating more smoothie bowls into my weekly routine.
Although, I am still breaking from the norm by indulging in smoothie bowls for lunch instead of breakfast! Hey, Istill have to do it a little differently.
- 3 tangerines, peeled
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 1 frozen banana, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk or 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- coconut sorbet, dried mandarins, buckwheat groats, bee pollen, shredded coconut
- Combine all of the ingredients in the order listed in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and serve immediately or pour into a bowl and add toppings if desired.