It is no secret that our daughter LOVES Buffalo wings, like seriously loves them. I on the other hand have no desire to cook wings for her, so instead I decided to win her over with a plant based version of her favorite meaty dish at home. These Easy Buffalo Chickpea Bowls where what we came up with and let me tell you, they were a hit!
Some of the most popular recipes here on the site are veggie based re-creations of traditionally meat heavy dishes. Our Sweet Potato and Lime Taquitos, Piri-Piri Cauliflower and Pulled Cauliflower BBQ Sandwich always come up in conversation when people talk to us about recipes on the site. I’m pretty sure these Buffalo Chickpea Bowls are going to make that list of most loved dishes too!
Those subtly spicy chickpeas drizzled in a sultry herbed cashew and hummus dressing made with Silk Original Cashew Milk, well I could eat them on their own without anything else! However, when you add a generous helping of tender greens, a sprinkling of thinly sliced celery, red onions and shredded carrots – this bowl turns into an epic meal in just about 30 minutes. You are going to love it and no doubt put it on repeat just like us!Print
These Buffalo Chickpea Bowls are not only a great family meal, but they pack really well for lunches too! Just store the dressing in a separate container until ready to eat.
Herbed Cashew & Hummus Dressing (makes 2 cups dressing)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup hummus
- ¾ cup Silk Original Cashewmilk
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth granules (or 1 vegetable bouillon, crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon onion granules
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
Easy Buffalo Chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons hot sauce, I like Frank’s Red Hots, divided
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
For the bowls
- 1 package little gems lettuce, torn by hand into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3 stalks celery, sliced thin
Make the dressing
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings. (If the dressing seems to thin add more cashews, to thick add more Silk Original Cashew Milk to thin.)
Make the Easy Buffalo Chickpeas
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, ¼ cup hot sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Whisk to combine then add the chickpeas and toss to coat. Heat a skillet over medium heat, once warm add the chickpea mixture to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and gently mashing some of the chickpeas to create texture, until the chickpeas have absorbed the liquid and start to appear dried out. Add the vegan butter, stir to melt and allow the chickpeas to soak up the buttery sauce completely, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of hot sauce.
Build your bowl
- Divide the lettuce between 4 bowls. Mix in onion, carrot and celery, tossing to combine. Divide the warm Easy Buffalo Chickpeas between the bowls and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with the prepared dressing.
[url:3]Inspired by Minimalist Baker[/url
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.