You all know that I am granola crazy! I always have granola on hand and eat it at some point of practically every day. French Vanilla Granola just happens to be my go-to flavor whenever I am buying an açaí bowl at the smoothie shop or if I by store bought granola, so I thought why the heck don’t I try and make my own!
Granola is my comfort food for sure – there is nothing better than the smell of it toasting away in the oven. Pure magic! When I was testing this French vanilla version the aroma alone had the power to lure my 13 year old out of her cave.
As the granola cooled my family circled like vultures picking at the sheet pan whenever I wasn’t looking – it was a literal granola feeding frenzy over here!
When the granola finally cooled completely I realized that this batch of granola was far superior to what I order at the smoothie shop. Humongous clusters of golden brown deliciousness and the vanilla flavor was out of this world! Be prepared to not be able to stop snacking on this!
French Vanilla GranolaPrint
This granola is far from ordinary! Prepare yourself for huge clusters and intense vanilla flavor.
- 4 cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup blanched sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla powder, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, almonds, pine nuts, walnuts, cashews, brown sugar, vanilla powder, salt and cinnamon together.
- In a small saucepan combine the oil, honey or maple and sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from the heat source once simmering and stir in the vanilla extract. Pour the hot liquid over the oats mixture and stir well. Use your hands to toss the mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Spread the granola onto the prepared pan. bake until golden brown for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. transfer the sheet pan to a cooling rack and allow the granola to cool completely undisturbed. The granola will harden as it cools.
- Stir in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Love granola as much as we do? Here are a few of our favorite recipes!