I have professed my love for homemade granola before, and I am sure that this won’t be the last time you hear me singing its praises. I eat it for breakfast with vanilla cashew milk, by the handful as a snack, and I sprinkle it over ice cream when it is time for dessert. I think maybe granola should have it’s own food group? Am I right? I recently ditched my obsession with tropical granola for this peach cobbler granola and my taste buds are officially in love.
Being a true southern girl at heart I am a HUGE fan of peach cobbler and have been known to eat my weight in it from time to time. OK, maybe more like whenever it is put in front of me I eat my weight in it, but whatever. It’s good stuff!
In an effort to make a healthier version of one of my favorite desserts and a more decadent version of my favorite food group of all time I have been whipping up this peach cobbler granola. It’s decadent and feels like it might be sinful, but without the guilt. Which basically means it’s awesome!
I love big, crunchy clusters of this granola, so I suggest not stirring the granola during it’s cook or cool time, but if you want less clusters go ahead and give it a toss or two.
Hungry for more granola action? Here are some amazing granola recipes that I have added to my “must-make” list. Just make sure that you use gluten free oats otherwise these recipes are all gluten free.
Toasted Oat, Coconut, and Quinoa Granola from Aida Mollenkamp
Gluten-Dairy-Cane Sugar-Free Granola from Joy the Baker
Banana Bread Granola from Minimalist Baker
Killer Granola from Shutterbean
If you’ve made this Peach Cobbler Granola or any of the other recipes on our site, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you thought in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, design, and decor.Print
Peach Cobbler Granola
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4.5 cups 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 whole, raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons ten Free & Vegan)” href=”https://thismessisours.com/make-brown-sugar-gluten-free-vegan/”>brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts, optional
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup peach puree, about 3–4 peaches
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, walnuts, almonds, pecans, brown sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and hemp hearts. Stir well to combine.
- In a saucepan combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and peach puree. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the liquid has thickened.
- Pour the syrup over the oat mixture, stir to coat everything and pour the granola onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake, undisturbed for 30-35 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
- At the end of the cook time transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool undisturbed.The granola will turn crispy as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.