Summer is inevitably coming to a close and taking peach season right along with it. Boo! I say we celebrate the last few weeks of peaches and summer with homemade ginger peach soda.
Growing up in the South I was spoiled with summer's full of fresh Georgia peaches. Peaches so juicy that you wind up wearing as much peach juice as you consume.
This soda is an homage to all of those summer's I spent with peach juice running down my arm to my elbows and not caring what anyone thought about it. This soda is perfectly peachy with just the right amount of ginger to give it a little kick. Go ahead sit back, relax, and sip away!Print
Homemade Ginger Peach Syrup
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- 4 cups chopped peaches
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 quarter sized pieces of ginger, peeled
- Combine the peaches, water, and sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Crush the peaches with a potato masher until they no longer hold their shape then add the ginger to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the liquid has reduced and the mixture has thickened.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour the peach ginger mixture into the strainer. Gently press on the solids with a spatula to extract all of the syrup then discard the solids. Allow the syrup to cool then store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Homemade Ginger Peach Soda
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 2 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- 3-4 ounces ginger peach syrup
- 6-8 ounces of very cold club soda
- In a large glass place the desired amount of syrup (2 ounces for a subtle sweetness 4 ounces for a true sweet tooth) add the cold club soda, and ice. Stir to combine and serve immediately.