Looking for the ultimate dessert for summer entertaining? Look no further than this Individual Pistachio Pavlova Recipe! They're light and airy, easy to make, and always make a good impression.
I served these little cuties at our Friends Who Fête: Wanderlust Inspired Bridal Shower for my friend Aida who was recently married in Thailand. Aida travels all over the world with her site Salt & Wind in the search of delicious eats and exotic places, but the one place that is still on her travel bucket list is Morocco.
When Kate and I were planning this party we thought it would be really fun to play off of Aida's dream of visiting Morocco by dishing up exotic Moroccan-inspired flavors and bright vibrant colors. Let me tell you, this nutty little pavlova recipe does just that especially when you top them with rose scented strawberries!
If you’ve tried this Individual Pistachio Pavlova Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate it. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you, and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Individual Pistachio Pavlovas
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think about these Individual Pistachio Pavlovas in the comments below. I just love hearing from you. Your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup finely chopped pistachios or pistachio meal, divided
For the toppings:
- 2 ½ cups sliced strawberries
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½-1 teaspoon rose water, depending on how intense you would like the flavor to be
- Preheat the oven to 200°F with a rack in the lower third. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on low speed until foamy. Add the salt, vinegar, and cornstarch. Beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes until soft peaks form. Add the caster sugar in 4 additions, beating on medium-high speed until meringue is stiff and glossy, about 5 minutes. Gently fold in ½ cup of the chopped pistachios.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out 24 individual meringues about 1-inch apart on the parchment paper lined baking sheets, then use the back of the scoop to make an indention in the center of each pavlova.
- Measure out a tablespoon of the remaining pistachios over the tops of the pavlovas.
- Bake until the meringue is glossy and hard to the touch, approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes; if the meringue begins to turn darker in color reduce the temperature of the oven slightly. When the meringue has finished cooking, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven with the door closed for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. The pavlova will easily lift off of the parchment.
- Toss the strawberries with the sugar and rosewater then stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Top each pavlova with a generous amount of sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of pistachios. Serve immediately.
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of pistachios?
These low calorie edible seeds are packed full of healthy unsaturated fats, fiber, protein and numerous nutrients, especially Vitamin B6 and potassium. The high fiber and protein levels aid in weight loss and promote gut and heart health. Pistachios also help regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Click here for more information on the health benefits of pistachios.
Frequently Asked Questions