We have been obsessed with Spaghetti Pie ever since we first learned of its existence watching the Today show earlier this year. As soon as we made it for ourselves we knew we had to create a mini version for the lunch box. I mean seriously, who doesn’t want to feast on a portable cheesy version of spaghetti? Duh! Kash suggested we pack this one with a few slices of pepperoni and basil, so he can “spice it up” if he wants. That kid….I don’t know where he gets it!
Mini Spaghetti Pies
These cuties are perfect for the lunch box, afternoon snacks, and even a portable dinner for those evenings you have to bolt to soccer practice!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 3 dozen 1x
- Olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) box gluten free spaghetti
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the package, drain and rinse to stop the cooking process.
- While the pasta is cooking preheat the oven to 350° F and grease mini muffin tins generously with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the marinara, ricotta, eggs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Whisk well to combine everything then add the cooked pasta. Toss to coat.
- Place a small mound of the spaghetti mixture onto your cutting board and use a fork to twirl up the pasta. Transfer individual forkfuls to the prepared muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the spaghetti pies then bake for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pasta is golden on top.
- Allow the spaghetti pies to cool completely. Then use a small spoon to release them from the pan.
- Store in the fridge until ready to pack in lunches or heat up as snacks.