I love having homemade cookies around the house to snack on and although it has been super hot here the past week or so, I couldn't resist the urge any longer to bake up these melt in your mouth Pecan and Orange Blossom Sandies!
I have wanted to make a pecan version of my families favorite, Pisatchio Logs, for what feels like forever now, and when Enjoy Life Foods surprised me with a big box of all of their brand new baking mixes I decided I couldn't resist the urge any longer - I had to bake up some cookies!
Enjoy Life baking mixes are delicious, and they’re the first and only gluten-free baking mix line to include probiotics to support immune health! Plus they 5 grams of plant-based protein per serving, which means healthy cookies right?!! They are made from ancient grains and free from the top eight allergens, bottom line they make baking simple and fun for everyone! Did I mention that they are delicious?
Enjoy Life's product's are free-from:
- Tree nut
Pecan and Orange Blossom Sandies
Not a fan of pecans? Try this recipe with almonds or pistachios instead!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 3 ½ dozen 1x
- 1 ½ cups pecan pieces, toasted
- 2½ cupsEnjoy Life All Purpose Flour Mix
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1¼ cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- Process the pecans in a food processor until finely ground; set aside. Do not over process or they will become paste.
- Combine the Enjoy Life All Purpose Flour Mix baking powder, and salt in a bowl and combine with a whisk.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter and sugar; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, around 2 minutes. Add the egg and orange blossom water; and mix until just combined.
- Reduce the speed to low and mix in the flour mixture and half of the pecans; mix until just combined. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes until the dough is cold and slightly firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Roll tablespoons of dough in between the palms of your hands to form 2-inch long logs. Roll the logs in the remaining pecans. Place onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper leaving approximately and inch between each cookie. Bake cookies, rotating the pans halfway through, until pale golden and slightly cracked, about 14-15 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire racks to cool. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 - 3 days.
To toast the pecan pieces, spread them out in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 10 minutes