I cannot believe 2014 is over! I am sure by now you have heard almost everyone you know ask, “Where did this year go?”, but seriously…Where did it go? In the blink of an eye we have cruised through the past 12 months and all of the sudden it is full steam ahead into 2015.
This past year has been so great for us here at Beard and Bonnet! We have shared over 150 new recipes, started a new tutorial series, been featured in a few publications, and most importantly we have made some of the most meaningful friendships with you, our readers.
So, today we are celebrating! We are toasting the end of an amazing year and ringing in the beginning of 2015 with excitement, anticipation, and an urge to hit the ground running. Let’s celebrate with a toast worthy cocktail shall we?
Since it is New Year’s Eve we figured a fresh punch bowl recipe would be the perfect cocktail to share here with all of you! Fresh citrus fruit and pomegranate’s are taking over the stalls at our local farmer’s markets. Practically everyone we know has citrus tree’s that have branches hanging heavy with fruit and are gifting us citrus like you wouldn’t even believe. We are pretty lucky to live where we live and to have such amazing locally grown produce at our fingertips and for that we are incredibly thankful.Print
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 18 ounces chilled Champagne
- 12 ounces very cold Hangar 1 Straight Vodka
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Naval orange, thinly sliced
- 1 Blood orange, thinly sliced
- pomegranate seeds
- frozen cranberries
- fresh mint sprigs
- large spheres of ice or an ice block, if using to chill
- Bring 1/2 cup water and sugar to boil in small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes. Cool syrup completely.
- Combine Champagne, Hangar 1 Straight Vodka, and fruit juices juice in a punch bowl. Add enough sugar syrup to sweeten to taste. Mix in citrus slices, pomegranate seeds, frozen cranberries, and mint leaves. Add ice to bowl if using.