Is it weird that it’s my birthday and I would rather have this pumpkin bread granola than a slice of cake?
I am what would be classified as a super fan when it comes to granola. I eat it in some way, form or fashion at least once per day. If I don’t have homemade on hand – I have a rotation of store bought granolas that can fill the gap for me, but let’s face it homemade is always better.
About the only time I have a problem deciding between my normal granola laden breakfast and something else is in the fall. Pumpkin loaf is my fall obsession, I could seriously eat it all day, every day and never, ever get tired of it!
After a few days of debating what to have for breakfast last week and not being truly satisfied until I had eaten both of my favorite things I decided to combine the two and make a granola that had everything I love about pumpkin loaf in it too. I even threw in my favorite Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips, because you can’t go wrong with chocolate as far as I am concerned.Print
Pumpkin Bread Granola
Make this granola your own by adding mix in’s that you love like dried cranberries, golden raisins, or coconut chips.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4.5 cups 1x
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- ¼ raw walnut pieces
- ½ cup raw pepitas
- ¾ cup raw pecan pieces
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts, optional
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean or 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cuppumpkin butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped, crystallized candied ginger
- 1/2 cupEnjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, walnuts, pepitas, pecans, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and hemp hearts. Stir well to combine.
- In a saucepan combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin butter. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce the heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the liquid has thickened.
- Pour the syrup over the oat mixture, stir to coat everything and pour the granola onto the baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake, undisturbed for 30-35 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
- At the end of the cook time transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool undisturbed.The granola will turn crispy as it cools.
- Once cooled use your hands to break the granola into large clusters then stir in the candied ginger and Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.