Use this homemade hummus as a dip for crackers, a spread for sandwiches and wraps or even thinned with more lemon juice for a delish hummus dressing!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and coarsely chopped
- juice of half a lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste
- Optional toppings:
- smoked paprika, lemon zest, dukkah spice, toasted pine nuts, minced roasted red pepper, fresh herbs
- Combine the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, water, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. If needed add more water a tablespoon or two at a time to thin to desired consistency. taste and season adding more salt if necessary.
- Serve topped with desired toppings.