Swap up the flavors in this cocktail by substituting the apple for pear!
- 1 cup grated apple
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 hearty sprigs basil leaves (about 12 good sized leaves)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 small apple, thinly sliced for garnish
- basil leaves for garnish
- 1 bottle prosecco
- In a small saucepan combine the water, grated apple, ginger, basil sprigs, and honey. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook for 8-12 minutes until the liquid is infused. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Strain the solids from the liquids pressing on the solids with the back of a spoon to release all of the syrup. Discard the solids.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons apple basil syrup in desired glass, a champagne flute is great if you have them on hand, top with prosecco then garnish with a slice of apple and basil.