These Tart & Tangy Pickled Cranberries are great for all sorts of holiday dishes. From cheese boards to salads and holiday main dishes these tart little
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ cups red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and red wine vinegar.
- Tie coriander seeds, peppercorns, and cinnamon stick in a square of cheesecloth and add to pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add cranberries and return to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook until skins begin to split, if your cranberries are room temperature this can happen in as little as 30 seconds, if they are cold from the refrigerator it could take up to 2 minutes.
- Let cool in saucepan, remove and discard spice sachet, and transfer cranberries and liquid to a jar. Refrigerate in sealed jar until ready to use.