‘Tis the season for holiday platters! Hands down my favorite accompaniment to our holiday cheese platters and charcuterie boards are these gorgeous pickled cranberries.
I know I am a self professed pickle hater, but these are totally different. They’re tart, tangy, and slightly sweet which makes them the perfect pairing for all sorts of fall’s best dishes!
Tart & Tangy Pickled Cranberries
- Prep Time: 1 min
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Total Time: 14 mins
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: condiments
- Method: pickled
- Cuisine: condiments
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ cups red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and red wine vinegar.
- Tie coriander seeds, peppercorns, and cinnamon stick in a square of cheesecloth and add to pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add cranberries and return to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook until skins begin to split, if your cranberries are room temperature this can happen in as little as 30 seconds, if they are cold from the refrigerator it could take up to 2 minutes.
- Let cool in saucepan, remove and discard spice sachet, and transfer cranberries and liquid to a jar. Refrigerate in sealed jar until ready to use.
Looking for some recipes to use these beauties in? I’ve gotcha covered!
This Easy Holiday Kale Salad with Cinnamon Roasted Cauliflower is perfect for the holiday’s and don’t even get me started on those potato chip crusted goat cheese medallions, they pair with pickled cranberries like a match made in heaven!
This Autumn Cobb Salad + Turmeric Poppy Seed Dressing has all the right textures and flavors for fall, but it was screaming for something with a bit of twang. Those pickled cranberries did the trick and then some!