Well friends, it's a new day and since I ate my weight in cinnamon rolls yesterday leading up to the election I thought I should even it out with salad today. You know, balance! This salad is brimming with gorgeous tender greens, roasted fall veg and crisp green beans all drenched in a sour cream and chive dressing that makes it feel a bit more indulgent.
While I personally love pairing the rustic roasted potatoes and tender delicata squash in this salad I bet it would also be pretty amazing with acorn squash or sweet dumpling squash. You know, for when delicata becomes scarce at the market.
This salad is one that my kids get pretty excited about too! While they tend to act like they don't even see the greens on their plate they really love dipping the big chunks of golden roasted veggies and green beans into the sour cream + chive dressing. I mean, they literally scarf down plates full of straight up vegetables without complaint and you just can't beat that!
If you’ve tried this Roasted Fall Salad Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate the recipe. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Roasted Fall Veg Salad with Sour Cream and Chive Dressing
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think about this Roasted Fall Salad in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into rounds
- 1 delicata squash, halved, seeds removed, sliced into half-moons the same width as the potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ pound green beans, cleaned and steamed
- 5-6 handfuls baby spinach
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped chives
- lemon wedges
Sour cream and chive dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
Roast the veg
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line two sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the potatoes, squash, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread onto the baking sheets in an even layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping once, until golden in color.
Make the dressing
- In a small bowl whisk together the sour cream, lemon juice, chive san garlic. Season to take with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the spinach on a large platter. Layer the green beans and roasted veg on top of the spinach. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley. Serve with lemon wedges and sour cream and chive dressing.
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of spinach?
Spinach is full of nutrients like Vitamins A, B, and C, along with minerals such as iron and calcium. It is effective in promoting eye health and lowering blood pressure. Spinach is also packed with healthy fiber which improves digestive health.
Click here for more information on the health benefits of spinach.
Leave a Reply