While the rest of the world is perfecting their Christmas cookie recipes to entice Santa this year I think I'm going to take a different approach. Instead of cookies, I'm planning on piling Santa's plate high with these freshly baked savory white cheddar scones. I figure we may get a few extra brownie points for swapping it up a bit!
I have always loved sweet scones, but I have to admit that savory scones are really where it is at! Thanks to Pamela's Biscuit & Scone Mix these savory gems take less than 10 minutes to prep making them a perfect addition to your weekday breakfast routine and a much easier (and dare I say tastier) addition to Santa's cookie plate.
We've tried all sorts of savory scone variations lately and honestly, we had a really hard time choosing which version was our family's favorite! Ultimately, these white cheddar, sun-dried pepper, and rosemary scones won all 4 of us over, but the sun-dried tomato, basil, & goat cheese and roasted red pepper, chive, & feta versions we have been devouring lately are worth mentioning too. The base recipe for all 3 versions are the same, all you have to do is swap out the cheese, veggies, and herbs in equal amounts. It's a trifecta of savory scone deliciousness just in time for the holidays!
If you’ve tried this Simple Savory White Cheddar Scones Recipe I would be so grateful if you would rate the recipe and let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Simple Savory White Cheddar Scones
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think about this Simple Savory Scone in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Prep Time: 8 mins
- Cook Time: 28 mins
- Total Time: 36 mins
- Yield: 6-8 medium scones 1x
- 1 bag Pamela's Biscuit & Scone Mix
- 8 tablespoons very cold salted butter, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons buttermilk, divided
- ¾ cup shredded white cheddar
- ½ cup sundried peppers or tomatoes (not oil packed), roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- Place the rack in the top third of the oven and preheat to 375°F.
- Combine the Pamela's Biscuit & Scone Mix, butter, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the "S" blade. Pulse until the butter into the dry mix until pea-sized crumbs are formed.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the 1 ¼ cups of buttermilk, stir to incorporate. If the mixture still seems a bit dry add a teaspoon of the additional buttermilk at a time, stirring and folding after each addition until all of the dry mix is incorporated. Add the cheese, peppers or tomatoes, and rosemary. Fold until just incorporated.
- On a parchment covered sheet pan, form the dough into a 1" to 1 ½" high round and cut into wedges. Brush the remaining buttermilk over the top. Bake for 25- 28 minutes until golden. Remove the pan to a wire rack to cool.
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.