Do I even need to profess my love for biscuits again? Now that I have found the perfect gluten free biscuit recipe, I can’t stop making them. This insanely delicious White Cheddar and Scallion Biscuit Recipe is my favorite creation yet.
Today we have teamed up with our friends at Clabber Girl to show you how to take your biscuits to the next level.
This Cheddar Biscuit Recipe is tender, loaded with flavor, and even bake up with a gorgeous crispy little white cheddar frico all around the edges.
Yep, you read that right. A Crispy white cheddar frico edges all around a tender flaky biscuit!! I highly suggest that you split these beautiful golden biscuits in half and fill them with all of your other favorite breakfast foods. Try out whatever you prefer, like eggs, avocado, breakfast patties, and maybe even a little drizzle of hot sauce.
If you’ve tried this White Cheddar and Scallion Biscuit Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate the recipe. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
White Cheddar and Scallion Biscuits
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think about this White Cheddar and Scallions Biscuit Recipe in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Prep Time: 18 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 10 biscuits 1x
- 6 tablespoons very cold butter
- ⅓ cup superfine brown rice flour
- ⅓ cup sweet white rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 teaspoons Clabber Girl baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 – 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, light and dark green parts only
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Slice the butter into small cubes, place them in a bowl, and place the bowl in the freezer to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the brown rice flour, sweet white rice flour, tapioca flour, cornstarch, potato starch, xanthan gum, Clabber Girl baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk together until completely combined.
- Cut the cold butter pieces into the flour mixture using a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the buttermilk to the bowl and gently mix until the dough begins to come together. Once the dough has come together fold in the scallions and cheese until just incorporated.
- Lay a large piece of plastic wrap over your kitchen counter and turn the dough out on top of it. Working quickly, gather the dough into a mass and gently pat into a thickness of ¾-inch.
- Cut the dough into 2½-inch squares with a knife or into 2½-inch rounds with a floured biscuit cutter.
- Arrange the biscuits no more than 1-inch apart on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of rice flour?
Rice flour is a gluten free alternative to white flour. It adds more protein and fiber than other flours which helps to lower cholesterol and improve gut health.
Click here for more information on the health benefits of rice flour.