Let's talk sandwiches, like epic veggie sandwiches that make you literally drool as you eat them, they leave you stuffed and satisfied. This sandwich is the ultimate- it's a rainbow of color, the perfect mix of texture and the flavor is nothing short of DYNO-MITE!!!
Maybe I should tell you how the heck this sandwich came to be. It was sort of a crazy accident that has now turned into a weekly indulgence around here. You see, a few weeks back the fruit bandit turned 5 and we threw an epic, birthday party! The whole theme of the party was green; green decorations, green drink boxes, green reptiles and you guessed it, green food. With an invite list of over 20 kids and parents we knew we were going to need a lot of food. So, I did what I do and I made a TON of food! At the end of the day most of the spread was devoured, but I was left with some stray veggies, and a cup or two of Pinch of Yum's Magic 5 Minute Green Sauce .
Come dinner time on party night I was exhausted, but ravenously hungry. I surveyed the ingredients I had on hand from the party, scoured the freezer and found a few of my favorite gluten free sourdough rolls tucked away and grabbed a couple slices of leftover crispy eggplant bacon. Ultimately, I decided that the sandwich route was the only way to go. I am so glad I did! The only downfall really is that now each week I have to make a batch of that green sauce to have on hand when the sandwich mood strikes, it's really not such a bad problem to have.
If you’ve made this Taco Inspired Hummus Toast or any of the other recipes on our site then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you thought in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, design, and decor.Print
Artichoke and Kale Veggie Sandwich
No bread, no worries! These ingredients make a killer kale salad, just thin the green sauce with a little extra lime juice or water so that is more of a dressing consistency.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1 sandwich 1x
- 3 leaves Lacinato kale, stems removed and thinly shredded
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 gluten free bun, toasted
- 2 tablespoons 5 Minute Magic Green Sauce
- 2-3 marinated artichoke hearts, chopped fine
- 2 strips crispy eggplant bacon
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 2-3 thin slices of red onion
- 4-5 thin slices of radish
- 3-4 thin slices of jalapeno
- Combine the kale, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Gently massage the kale until it starts to tenderize and appears glossy. Set aside.
- Spread the green sauce evenly across both the top and bottom of the bun. Layer the sandwich by adding the chopped artichoke hearts, kale, eggplant bacon, carrot, red onion, radish slices and jalapeno. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, serve immediately.