I love fresh berries and right now they are in abundance! Every time I walk into the Farmer’s Market here, there are tables upon tables of fresh organic berries just calling my name. So, naturally I save as many as my wallet will allow and then panic when I get home and realize I have way more berries than my family can possibly eat.
I have made smoothies, muffins, jam, and just about everything else under the sun I can think of to make with berries, but for some reason I had never made a salad with them until a few weeks ago. Weirdo, I know!
Ever since I made a Strawberry Salad with Coconut Bacon and Black Pepper Vinaigrette for Oh My Veggies a few weeks ago I have been berry salad obsessed. I may have actually had this one for lunch 3 days in a row now. I’ll probably have it again tomorrow to be honest.
Besides the luscious berries this salad has creamy avocado, baby spinach, crunchy roasted pepitas and an herb packed cilantro dressing that I just cannot get enough of.
What foods are you obsessed with lately?
For the dressing
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, light green and dark green parts only, sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
For the salad
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup pepitas
Make the dressing
- Combine the cilantro, scallions, ginger, mirin, rice wine vinegar, and salt ina food processor or blender and process until finely chopped.
Build the salad
- Divide the baby spinach between 4 plates, do the same with the sliced avocado, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and pepitas.
- Serve immediately with dressing on the side
The dressing will keep refrigerated for up to 5 days
Cilantro dressing from Donna Hay
Hungry for more fruity salads?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, I may get a small commission if you decide to purchase a product through one of those links. This revenue makes it possible for me to continue to provide you with great recipes and maintain this site. Thank you for supporting us here at Beard and Bonnet!