I am more than a little obsessed with pizzelles. Ever since I learned how to make waffle cones from pizzelles I have been whipping up these scrumptious cookies a few times a month. They are so fast to make, everyone seems to love them and I don't have to turn on the oven!
I made these cookies on a day when Todd was working on a big project at home for work. I made lunch for him and then surprised him with a fresh mug of coffee and a few warm chocolate pizzelle cookies for dessert.
It was the perfect afternoon boost! A little crisp chocolate cookie and a few swigs of fresh brewed coffee were all he needed to power through the last bit of work for the day so that we could enjoy a little hang out time just for the two of us. Pure cookie magic!
Chocolate Pizzelle Cookies
- Yield: 10 cookies 1x
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat a pizzelle maker with 4 ½-inch molds or a waffle cone maker.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and allow it to cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the whole egg, egg white, sugar,vanilla and melted butter until smooth. Add the flours, cocoa and salt and whisk until smooth again. Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the center of the pizzelle maker. Close the lid and cook for 30–60 seconds or until the cookie is done.