Question: How many superfoods are a part of your diet?
I bet there are more than you think! After perusing through my friend Kelly's new book, Superfoods at Every Meal, I realized that I shouldn't feel bad that I can't seem to find a way to get my kids to chow down on goji berries or seaweed, because I am feeding them every single superfood on Kelly's list of everyday superfoods!
- Sweet potatoes
- Coconut oil
- Greek yogurt
That pretty much reads like my weekly grocery list! (It's safe to say that I will never try and force feed my kids seaweed or goji's again!)
When I first flipped through the pages of Kelly's book I immediately found myself drawn to her kale and artichoke dip. I love all kinds of artichoke dip and hardly ever pass up a reason to indulge in it. So, on a particularly chilly Saturday afternoon here in Long Beach I broke out my stash of yummy dippers and baked up a big pan of this dip. I assure you, it did not disappoint!
After working my way through this book cover to cover I have decided that these recipes are next on my to make list:
- Maple Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
- Kale Egg Scramble
- Walnut Hummus
- Quinoa Breakfast Tacos
- Chipotle Cheesy Corn Dip
- Blueberry Creamsicles
Just so you know, some of Kelly's recipes do contain gluten, but I have found that they are super easy swaps. Gluten free all-purpose flour for all purpose flour, or your favorite gluten free bread for whole wheat bread is about all the swap ups needed. For this recipe I substituted gluten free pretzels, bagel chips, and rice crackers for the pita chips that were called for in Kelly's recipe. Also, there are a few dishes that contain meat, but out of the 100 recipes in this book 70 of them are vegetarian!
Want to get your hands on Kelly's book, Superfoods at Every Meal? We are happy to be giving away one (1) copy on our Instagram page! Follow the rules below to enter.
Kale and Artichoke Dip
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups (140 g) chopped, destemmed kale
- ½ cup (115 g) plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup (50 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (60 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (100 g) whipped cream cheese
- 1 (14-ounce, or 392 g) can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Gluten free bagel chips, rice crackers, or pretzels, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C, or gas mark 3). Spray a 7 1⁄2-inch (19-cm) pie pan with nonstick spray. In a skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the garlic and kale, and sauté for approximately 5 minutes, until the kale is softened but not browned.
- Add to a medium-size mixing bowl, then stir in the yogurt, cheeses, cream cheese, artichoke hearts, and salt. Scrape into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbling.
Superfoods at Every Meal Giveaway Details:
Prize: (1) One copy of Superfoods at Every Meal by Kelly Pfeiffer
Duration: Open until 12AM PT Tuesday, March 17th, 2015.
Who Can Enter: Open to US residents 18 years old and older.
How to Enter: Tag at least one friend in the comments section of our Instagram giveaway post.
How Winner Will Be Chosen: The winner will be chosen at Random.org and will be notified via Instagram, so make sure to check your Instagram inbox. You will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Yum! Definitely giving this a try for one of our holiday gatherings!!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes) says
I am now craving some of this delicious dip!
It's really good!! You have got to try it:)