It’s officially strawberry season here in Southern California and I couldn’t have been happier to see the farm fresh strawberry stand open back up this year. With the days being longer, and the weather starting to warm, I have been longing for fresh sweet berries
When I walked up to that booth filled with just picked berries, the intoxicating smell took over my senses. I was taken back to thoughts of being a little girl playing with my favorite Strawberry Shortcake doll. I used to love to brush her hair and smell the sweet berry essence that somehow magically wafted from her locks. That doll went everywhere with me and so did that sweet smell!
I was so swept up in the moment thinking about my beloved childhood doll that before I knew it I was walking back to my car with an entire flat of big, juicy, organic berries! I didn’t really know what I was going to do with them all, I just wanted to make sure that sweet scent of berries lingered for a while.
That week was a tasty one and while I made just about everything from smoothies and muffins to donuts and ice cream. One of my family’s favorite ways that I used the berries was in this subtly sweet chilled strawberry soup. I know what you are thinking, you are wondering if this is like a smoothie in a bowl, right? I assure you – it’s not!
This silky smooth soup is great as an appetizer or even a dessert course. the soup itself is mild with a little tang from the Greek yogurt and white grape juice paired with a little spicy bite from the black pepper and radish. Trust that you will be making this one repeatedly in the warmer months to come. It’s that good!Print
This soup only takes about 15 minutes of
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, preferably organic
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- freshly ground black pepper
- sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 or 2 radishes, cut into thin shreds with a grater or mandoline
- fresh mint
- In a food processor or high powered blender process the 3 cups of sliced strawberries, Greek yogurt, white grape juice, and honey until smooth. Stopping periodically to scrape the sides. Cover and chill for 1 1/2- 2 hours. Garnish with freshly ground pepper, sliced strawberries, shredded radishes, and bits of mint. Serve immediately.