Isn't baby shower food the cutest?! This Mini Strawberry Rose Water Pavlova Recipe is perfect for just about any occasion - especially a shower.
Today we are celebrating Catherine of Weelicious and her baby that will be arriving soon with a surprise virtual shower! Catherine is one of the nicest people I have met since we moved to California and I couldn't resist joining in the fun today and whipping up one of my favorite desserts.
I love the combination of fresh fruit, slightly sweetened whipped cream, and a crisp pavlova - summertime desserts don't get much better than that. When taking desserts like this to a party (virtual or not) I like to take mini versions like these.
They are cute, easy to transport, and who doesn't love building their own decadent desserts? All you have to do to set up a beautiful display of mini pavlovas is to layer a big serving plate with the pistachio crusted meringues and set out bowls of fruit, whipped cream, and nuts. Easy and elegant!
Want to party some more? Check out all of these awesome blogs celebrating Catherine's baby today!
Pink Lemonade Thumbprint Cookies from Fifteen Spatulas
Skillet Cherry Pie from FoodieCrush
Roasted Blueberry and Lemony Yogurt Popsicles from Tasty Yummies
Frozen Lemonade with Rose Water from The Lemon Bowl
Grilled Carrots with Mint Almond Pesto from Heather Christo
Persian Saffron Pudding from Tori Avey
S'more Brownies from What's Gaby Cooking
Jicama Pops from ¡Hola! Jalapeño
Roasted Broccoli Pesto on Pumpernickel from Bev Cooks
Farmer's Market Vietnamese Steak Salad from Alex T Cooks
Peachy Pineapple Green Smoothie from 100 Days of Real Food
Rainbow Smoothie from Daisy At Home
Chocolate Beet Cake from I Am Baker
Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting from Deliciously Organic
If you’ve tried this Mini Strawberry Rosewater Pavlova Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate it. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you, and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Mini Strawberry Rosewater Pavlovas
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think about these Mini Strawberry Rosewater Pavlovas in the comments below. I just love hearing from you. Your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Prep Time: 12 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 52 mins
- Yield: 24 pavlovas 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten free, vegetarian
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ½-1 teaspoon rose water, depending on how intense you would like the flavor to be
- ½ cup finely chopped pistachios or pistachio meal, divided
- For the toppings:
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- coconut whipped cream or regular whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°F with a rack in the lower third. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and st aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on low speed until foamy. Add the salt, vinegar, and cornstarch. Beat on medium speed for about 3 minutes until soft peaks form. Add the caster sugar in 4 additions, beating on medium-high speed until meringue is stiff and glossy, about 5 minutes. Add the rose water and mix until combined.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out 24 individual meringues about 1-inch apart on the parchment paper lined baking sheets, then use the back of the scoop to make an indention in the center of each pavlova.
- Measure out ¼ cup of the pistachio meal and sprinkle over the tops of the pavlovas.
- Bake until the meringue is glossy and hard to the touch, approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes; if the meringue begins to turn darker in color reduce the temperature of the oven slightly. When the meringue has finished cooking, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven with the door closed for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. The pavlova will lift easily off the parchment.
- Toss the strawberries with the sugar and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Top each pavlova with a generous amount of coconut whipped cream, sliced strawberries, and a sprinkle of pistachios. Serve immediately.
Don't let the cook time involved in making a batch of pavlovas scare you. It's all inactive time!
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of strawberries?
Strawberries are a fabulous source of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber. This low calorie fruit is beneficial in promoting heart health and fighting against cancer.
Click here for more information on the health benefits of strawberries.