I swear next to chocolate and wine, berries scream “Valentine’s” louder than any other food on the planet! While not difficult whatsoever, these gorgeous little Berry and Goat Cheese Crostini pack a huge flavor punch with the combination of sugar kissed berries, creamy goat cheese, and my favorite Simple Truth Organic raw honey from Ralphs.
I served up these little delicacies at the Galentine’s brunch I hosted for my girlfriend’s last week and there wasn’t a single crostini left when we were done. They’re perfect for nibbling, pair really well with a glass of rosé and even got the seal of approval from our tiniest brunch attendee.
While I love serving this at brunch, it is also a great combo to pack in a lunch box. Simply pack all of the elements separately. To get the flavor of the honey without the mess stir 1 tablespoon honey into 1/3 cup softened goat cheese before you pack your lunch.
- 3 cups mixed berries, hulled and sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries are all great options.
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 baguette, sliced into rounds and toasted
- 1 (4-ounce) log softened goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Simple Truth Organic Raw Honey
- In a mixing bowl combine the berries, sugar, and salt. Mix to coat then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1 toasted baguette round at a time with goat cheese then top with a spoonful of sweetened berries. Serve immediately with Simple Truth Organic Raw Honey for drizzling.
***This post was sponsored by our friends at Ralphs grocery, all thoughts and opinions are our own.