It is officially the first day of summer and we are celebrating with this Mixed Summer Berry and Earl Grey Galette Recipe!! Tart and sweet with a super flaky, nutty crust, this galette is the stuff that summertime dreams are made of!
Admittedly, I am not much of a baker, but a few times a year I tie my apron strings on tight, fire up my oven, and buckle down to create a sweet treat for my crew. I’m not gonna lie, this galette took me a handful of tries to get just right, but it was so worth it because now you and I can easily make this incredible summer treat with ease all summer long!
I used a mixture of Pamela’s Nut Flour Blend, Pamela’s All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend, and tapioca flour in this delicious version and it is pure magic. The dough is soft and pliable, and bakes up with a crust that is tender, but still has a slight crunch on the exterior. I love the nutty flavor that the Pamela’s Nut Flour Blend lends to the dough too.
While I am 100% positive that a slice of this Mixed Berry & Earl Grey Galette is great on its own I really love to dust it lightly with powdered sugar and top it with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate summer indulgence!
If you’ve tried this Mixed Berry and Earl Grey Galette Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate it. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you, and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Mixed Berry & Earl Grey Galette
The prep time does not include the time needed to chill the dough.
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think about this Mixed Berry and Earl Grey Galette in the comments below. I just love hearing from you. Your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
For the crust
- 1 cup Pamela’s Nut Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup Pamela’s All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling over dough
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons very cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
For the Mixed Berry & Earl Grey Filling
- 3/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon Earl Grey tea, I just cut open a tea bag and scooped out the tea for this
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean split in half, seeds scraped or 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 heaped cup raspberries
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- powdered sugar, optional
- vanilla ice cream, optional
To make the crust
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Pulse to combine until the butter is incorporated and the mixture appears grainy. Add the egg to the food processor and pulse until completely incorporated. Gather a bit of the dough mixture in your hand, press tightly, and test to see if the mixture is moist enough to hold together. If it is still very dry add a tablespoon of water and pulse again.
- Lay a few sheets of plastic wrap on the counter and pour the dough onto it. Use the plastic wrap to help you form the dough into a round disc shape. Wrap tightly and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to overnight.
To make the filling
- If you refrigerated the dough overnight remove the dough from the fridge and place it on the counter to warm up a bit while you make the fillings. This will make it easier to roll out.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta, orange zest, and tea. Stir until completely incorporated; set aside.
- In another bowl combine the sliced strawberries, sugar, and vanilla beans, stir well and set aside. The sugar will turn into a syrup as the berries macerate, so you will need to stir a few times as it sits to make sure that all of the sugar is dissolved.
Build the galette
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Line your kitchen counter with parchment paper. Place the dough on top then cover the dough with another piece of plastic wrap or parchment. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a very thin circle about 1/8-inch thick and 14-17 inches in circumference.
- Spread the ricotta mixture onto the dough leaving a 1 1/2 inch border all the way around the dough. Top the ricotta with the sugared strawberries then sprinkle the raspberries over the top.
- Using the edges of the parchment paper that are underneath the dough, gently fold the edges of the dough over the filling creating a crust that looks a bit like a pizza. The dough is very fragile and it may tear in spots, you can gently use your fingertips to press the dough back together.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and water. Beat until pale yellow and completely combined. Use a pastry brush to brush the raw edges of the galette crust with the egg wash. Sprinkle granulated sugar liberally over the edges of the dough.
- Once the galette is completely formed carefully transfer the galette to the prepared baking sheet and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes for the dough to firm back up.
- Bake the galette in the preheated oven for 10 minutes then reduce the heat to 350° F and bake for an additional 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the galette from the oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing. This will allow time for the filling to set.
- Serve warm or room temperature with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and a scoop of ice cream if desired.
Keywords: gluten free
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of strawberries?
Strawberries are a fabulous source of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber. This low calorie fruit is beneficial in promoting heart health and fighting against cancer.
Click here for more information on the health benefits of strawberries.
Frequently Asked Questions