Homemade Pink Cadillac Margaritas – grab a few glasses and some tequila. You are going to want one of these ASAP!
If you don’t already know that Tuesday is Cinco de Mayo then consider this your official notice and if you don’t mind me asking….where the heck have you been?
We have been gearing up for our favorite food holiday for at least a few weeks now and I cannot believe it is almost here! We are going to gorge ourselves on a huge Mexican feast. There will be Flautas and Taquitos, homemade salsa, guacamole, and tacos!!! I mean seriously, when Cinco de Mayo falls on a Tuesday you must make tacos!
There are lots of delicious Mexican inspired recipes and even a few fun Cinco De Mayo decoration ideas to choose from on our Pinterest boards and now it’s time to bring it all together with our favorite margarita!Print
- 1 cup ginger beer
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3/4 cup blanco tequila
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange liquor ( we used Cointreau)
- 3 tablespoons light agave syrup
For the glass, optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons crystallized sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- lime wedges
If rimming glasses:
- Place the salt, sugar and lime zest in a shallow bowl and stir to combine completely.
- Rub a lime wedge around the lip of each glass then roll in the salt, sugar and zest mixture.
- Stir together all of the ingredients in a large pitcher. Pour the desired amount of margarita mix into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover with the lid, and shake for about 30 seconds. Strain into chilled, rimmed cocktail glasses. Serve immediately.