I just love summer produce, don’t you?! All of those fresh veggies make for the best dishes that don’t require a lot of cooking or planning. Meals full of simple ingredients that stand alone on their own without a lot of fuss. Case in point this Simple Summer Gazpacho!
The ingredients on their own are relativley simple – fresh vine ripened tomatoes, a nub of garlic, fresh squeezed citrus, herbs and bouillion.
When blended together and left to marinate a bit all of those amazing ingredients make a stunning gazpacho that is perfect for a simple summer dinner, but spectacular enough to take along to summer soirees.
If you’ve made this Simple Summer Gazpacho or any of the other recipes on our site, don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you thought in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, and PINTEREST to see more delicious food, design, and decor.Print
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup gluten free baguette pieces, crusts removed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup water
- 2 vegetable stock bouillion cubes, crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼–1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Olive oil (for garnish, optional)
- Cherry tomato halves (for garnish, optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (for garnish, optional)
- Sea salt flakes (for garnish, optional)
- Slivered almonds (for garnish, optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for 2-4 hours so that the flavors can develop before serving.
- Garnish with desired toppings and serve.