I’ve declared that I love strawberries so much recently you would think that they were all we eat. Truth be told, I tend to go berry crazy right when they come into season. I can’t resist, it’s useless, so instead of fighting it I’m just going with it and laying another berry laced recipe on you with this gluten free strawberry and pistachio waffle recipe!
I cannot think of a better way to kick off berry season than a gigantic stack of waffles. Whether you are dishing up brunch for a crowd on Easter or meal prepping a week’s worth of breakfasts for the kiddo’s these waffles always hit the spot!
This gluten free waffle recipe is great for weekend brunch or busy weekday mornings.
To serve for brunch I like to sprinkle the waffles with pistachio dust, lightly dust them with powdered sugar, and have heaps of fresh sliced berries and whipped cream on the side. To meal prep for quick weekday breakfasts I simply cool the cooked waffles on a wire rack then I individually wrap them and store them in the freezer. In the mornings we just unwrap a waffle or two and pop them in the toaster to defrost and crisp up. Honestly, it’s hard to have a case of the Monday’s when you’re munching on waffles!
If you’ve tried this Strawberry and Pistachio Waffles Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate it. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you, and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Strawberry and Pistachio Waffles
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think about these Strawberry and Pistachio Waffles in the comments below. I just love hearing from you. Your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 12 waffles 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: Gluten Free
- 1/2 cup unsalted, shelled pistachios
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced, strawberries
- Place the pistachios into a food processor and pulse until they are broken down. You should have some larger, bite-sized pieces and some pistachio dust. Measure out 2 tablespoons of the pistachios for garnish and set aside.
- Whip egg whites until stiff.
- Place the remaining pistachios in a separate large mixing bowl and add the egg yolks, water, Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix, oil, and strawberries. Stir until no lumps remain.
- Fold in the egg whites and bake immediately on a preheated, greased waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions.
Keywords: Gluten free, waffle, pistachio, strawberry
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of strawberries?
Strawberries are a fabulous source of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber. This low calorie fruit is beneficial in promoting heart health and fighting against cancer.
Click here for more information on the health benefits of strawberries.