It’s hard to wrap my head around the fact that 2015 is almost over – this year seems to have flown by faster than previous year’s for some reason. Maybe it is because we spent this year focusing on living in the moment with our loved ones and not taking anything for granted. Or maybe it was that we adopted a ‘just say yes’ mentality to just about every aspect of our lives. Yes, to more time at the park! Yes, to throwing more parties! Yes, to being spontaneous and silly! They do say time flies when you are having fun right?
Todd and I have entertained our friends and family more this year than any other – from planning elaborate gatherings to our upcoming casual brunch to welcome the new year, we adore opening up our home to create lasting memories with our loved ones.
Since January 1st is also National Bloody Mary day it was a no brainer deciding what cocktail to serve at our New Year’s brunch celebration. We already have plans for a ‘make your own’ bar set up for our guests with our favorite fresh-picked Hangar 1 Vodka and all of the essentials to build this California Fresh Bloody Mary.
It’s slightly spicy bite and fresh lime twist really sets this Bloody Mary apart from others you may have tasted, but it is the inspiration behind the ingredients themselves that truly make this cocktail unique.
Everything from the selection of serving Alameda, CA based fresh picked Hangar 1 Straight Vodka to the accompaniments that garnish this special cocktail was inspired by our passion for using fresh, local ingredients and for supporting our community. We are excited to share with our friends and family a new year’s toast that really encompasses us and our philosophies about community, food and life to ring in the new year!Print
- 3 ounces Hangar 1 Straight Vodka6 ounces tomato juice
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated horseradish root
- 1/8 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 3 dashes Cholula hot sauce
- 2 dashes gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- Cilantro lime rimming salt, recipe follows
- Cherry tomatoes, pickled jalapenos, pepper jack or Manchego cheese, lime wedges, avocado, olives and sprigs of cilantro
- Combine the Hangar 1 Straight Vodka, tomato juice, lime juice, horseradish, celery seed, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce into a mixing pitcher. Add ice and stir the ingredients to combine.
- If desired garnish the rim of a serving glass with cilantro lime rimming salt then add ice. Strain the Bloody Mary into the glass and serve with desired garnishes.
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, tightly packed
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- Zest of 1 large lime
- Combine the cilantro and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined and all pieces are uniform in size. Stir in the lime zest.
Thank you to the wonderful people at Hangar 1 Vodka for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.