One of the most amazing surprises about blogging for me is the friendships that I have developed. I never would have imagined that some of the most creative, passionate, and genuine people I have ever met would have come from simply having the desire to share our journey to a gluten free lifestyle with others. Out of this desire to help other people avoid some of the medical tests, fear, and sickness that our son and family endured came a wealth of remarkable people who I am now proud to call my friends.
So, today we are celebrating one of my favorite bloggers, Cara of Fork and Beans, and the release of her new book, Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking Cookbook. I know first hand from having the pleasure of noshing on Cara's delicious baked goods almost on a weekly basis that this book will not disappoint. If there ever was a person that has truly mastered the art of gluten free vegan baking it's Cara.
I am lucky to enjoy monthly lunches with Cara where we share our newest recipes that we are testing out and work on a few side projects together. For the last year this book has been a huge part of our conversations. I have watched Cara go from the beginning stages of developing the concept of her book, through recipe development, and now I get to share in the joy of the book being released!!! I think this is about as close to watching a friend go through pregnancy and sharing in the joy of bringing a little bundle of joy into the world as two friends can get without there being an actual baby involved. Because, let's face it...writing a book is a labor of love that requires lots and lots of planning, sleepless nights of worry, and anyone that has cooked in the kitchen all day before can attest that it does a real number on your body.
These cinnamon coffee cake muffins are easy to make and taste completely decadent. My little fruit bandit has begged for multiple batches of these muffins since I first tested the recipe and I cannot help, but indulge his wishes. Now that I have gushed all about my friend and her book baby you should enter the giveaway, bake these muffins, and then promptly head over to Spabettie and check out Cara's gluten free & vegan Key Lime Cheesecake Bars. Holy moly those bars are good too!
If you’ve tried this Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate it. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins From The Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking Cookbook + A Giveaway
Don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know what you think about these Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins in the comments below. I just love hearing from you. Your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Yield: 10 muffins 1x
- 2 cup Cara’s All-Purpose Flour Blend (See the recipe below)
- ½ cup unpacked brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup non dairy milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 cup Cara’s All-Purpose Flour Blend (See recipe below)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoon vegan butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Lightly grease or line a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients. In a medium bowl,
- combine the wet ingredients. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and
- pour the milk mixture in. Stir with a wooden spoon. Pour the batter into the muffin
- pan. Combine the ingredients for the streusel topping and sprinkle it evenly on the
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted. Allow to
- cool slightly before removing from the muffin tins. Cool on a wire rack. Drizzle with Royal Icing.
Cara's Gluten Free Flour Blend
- Yield: 9 cups 1x
- 3 cups (480 g) superfine brown rice flour
- 3 cups (538 g) superfine sorghum flour
- 1 ½ cups (288 g) potato starch
- 1 ½ cups (192 g) arrowroot powder
- Throw everything into a gallon-sized plastic baggie, seal tightly, and shake vigorously until well-combined. Keep stored in an air-tight container.
Recipe printed with permission from Decadent Gluten-Free Vegan Baking by Cara Reed & Page Street Publishing
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
What are the health benefits of flax seed?
Flax seed is considered a superfood because of its high nutrient content in just a 1 tablespoon serving. The most prolific nutrients in flax seed are fiber and Omega 3 fatty acids. These help to promote gut health and reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke.
Click here for more information on the health benefits of flax seed.