There is no better sauce for smothering falafel or kofta than homemade tzatziki! Creamy yogurt paired with shredded cucumber, fresh lemon, garlic, and herbs is a match made in heaven. While I primarily use tzatziki with Mediterranean fare I also love dipping crudite in it too for a light lunch or afternoon snack.
- 1 cup of good quality plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely minced
- 1–2 garlic cloves, pressed
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs, minced, I used parsley, dill, and mint
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.