Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
I am a total sucker for pumpkin butter, especially when it is my slow cooker pumpkin butter!
I used to always raid Trader Joe’s shelves when pumpkin butter made it’s first appearance of fall, but for the last few years I have been making my own big batches at home for way less money and it tastes so much better.
During the fall season I use pumpkin butter in all sorts of dishes like my pumpkin bread granola, smoothies and even in cocktails! (Don’t worry I am sharing my cocktail recipe with you soon. )
This year I am passing my love for pumpkin butter onto my kids too – I have been spreading my favorite fall condiment onto their almond butter sandwiches for lunch. They LOVE it and I feel good knowing that I made it for them.
Go ahead, drag out your slow cooker, pop open a few cans of pumpkin puree and your spices. The smell alone is intoxicating and if you are concerned that you can’t eat it all yourself be sure to share a few jars with your friends!
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup spiced apple cider
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine. Set the heat on high and cook, covered for 3 hours, stirring occasionally so that the pumpkin butter doesn't scorch on the bottom.