I am so excited to share my go-to Crispy Parmesan Polenta Chicken recipe with you! These gorgeously golden slices of chicken breast are my kiddos’ absolute favorite. Whenever they see me pull out my bag of polenta, they know what’s coming and start to ravenously circle the kitchen. If you’re a fan of Parmesan Crusted Chicken, this recipe is for you.
This Polenta inspired Parmesan Crusted Chicken is so easy!
I love this recipe because it’s fast and pretty much fool-proof. It lets me spend my extra time in the kitchen prepping our vegetarian main dish. The parmesan crusted chicken itself cooks up juicy and tender with a crispy exterior that pairs perfectly with all sorts of dishes.
If you’ve tried the Crispy Parmesan Polenta Chicken Recipe, I would be so grateful if you would rate it. Let me know what you think in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews and comments really help others that visit This Mess is Ours!Print
Crispy Parmesan Polenta Chicken *Gluten Free*
Don’t forget to rate the recipe, and let me know what you think about Crispy Parmesan Polenta Chicken in the comments below. I just love hearing from you and your reviews/comments really help other people that visit This Mess is Ours!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons polenta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Massel Gluten-free Bouillon & Seasoning Granules, chicken flavor, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- Place the chicken breasts on a large sheet of wax paper. Season liberally with salt and pepper then place a second piece of wax paper on top. Pound and flatten the breasts with a rolling pin or mallet until they are about a 1/2 -inch thick.
- Combine the polenta, Parmesan, seasoning granules if using, paprika and garlic powder in a large ziploc bag. Add one chicken breast at a time, seal the bag and shake to coat. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Place the chicken breasts into the heated pan, turning after 4 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Want to be a part of our online community outside of the blog? It’s easy!! All you have to do is follow @THISMESSISOURS on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, or PINTEREST to see cooking demos and peeks into our day to day life.
So now you have your meat, it’s time for our 3 favorite veggie main pairings!
I am a big supporter of salad suppers and this one in particular is one of my all-time favs! The Citrus Laced Quinoa Cakes are a perfect main dish for the vegetarian at our table and the meat eaters love them as a side.
I literally make this pasta sauce once a week. It is so easy, takes less than 30 minutes, and pleases every single eater at my table. My kids love strips of this Crispy Parmesan Polenta Chicken laid over the top of their pasta bowls.
These wraps are incredible and I tend to make them A LOT and in a million different ways. My husband and I love them the way they are. Our daughter prefers them with strips of Crispy Parmesan Polenta Chicken mingled in amongst the cauliflower. On the other hand, our son takes these fully loaded with strips of chicken in place of the cauliflower. To each his own, I always say!
What are the health benefits of polenta?
Polenta is a gluten free, low fat, low calorie alternative to other fattier cooked grains. Made with corn, polenta is full of antioxidants that help reduce the risk of many age-related illnesses, such as eye disease, heart disease, and diabetes.
Click here for more information about the health benefits of polenta.