Have I mentioned before that I don't like to drink water? I know, I know it's good for me, I should love it, but I don't. I have to find ways to trick myself into drinking enough water and this Mint and Watermelon Spa Water is my latest water fake out that has me guzzling it by the gallon!
I love the fresh watermelon and mint - it's one of the best combination of flavors that summer has to offer. Each sip is full of fruity flavor that doesn't bore me at all.
Even the fruit bandit and his dinosaur can get behind a glass of Mint and Watermelon Spa Water!
Mint and Watermelon Spa Water
Instead of using ice cubes freeze leftover cubes of watermelon to chill your spa water!
- Prep Time: 6 hours 10 mins
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 1 gallon 1x
- 8 cups seedless watermelon, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 12 sprigs of mint
- 1 gallon spring water
- lime wheels for serving, optional
- Place the watermelon in a large pitcher a smash lightly. Lightly crush the mint in the palm of your hands and add to the pitcher. Pour the gallon of water over watermelon and mint and stir to combine. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours to give the flavors time to infuse. Stir well again and strain, discarding the solids.
- To serve add frozen watermelon cubes and fresh mint leaves to glasses and pour the strained spa water over the frozen fruit cubes.