Maybe you haven't noticed, but I love quick bread recipes. Over the last few months I have shared quite a few of my favorite quick bread recipes like black sesame-pear tea bread, fig chai tea bread , pumpkin loaf , and banana date bread here on B&B, but I think that this one may actually top all of those. I must admit that the craving for some type of sweet quick bread struck the other night during a hysterical, emoji filled, text-a-thon with Beth and Gina. Beth was baking the most adorable little gluten free coconut pumpkin mini-loaves studded with cocoa nibs during our little text fest and sending pictures for us to drool over which made me very hungry. So naturally the next morning I felt deprived at my own home with the absence of quick bread to stuff my face with. So, I rustled up some ingredients and made a new fall inspired quick bread of my own. Who knows...maybe Beth will share a mini-loaf with me and I will share some of mine with her...it could shape up to be a pretty tasty day around here!
Do you have a favorite quick bread recipe? I would love to know what types of flavors you like to work with the most when making quick breads.Print
Sweet Potato Cranberry Quick Bread (Gluten Free)
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour + 2 tablespoons for prepping the pan
- ¾ cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 large farm fresh eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled + 1 tablespoon for prepping the pan
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack positioned in the bottom third of the oven. Grease and flour a loaf pan (9 x 5-inch) with a tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of flour. Ensuring that the bottom and the sides of the pan are all coated. Tap out any excess flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix with a whisk until well combined. Stir in the cranberries and set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, and sweet potato. Beat with a whisk until combined. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Add the melted, cooled butter and fold the batter gently with a spatula until all of the wet ingredients and butter are completely combined with the dry.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the top of the loaf cake.
- Bake, rotating halfway through, until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.